Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Still hanging in!

My Chemo was last Wednesday. I've been very weak and no energy at all. I passed out on the kitchen floor a few days ago! That was really weird. I yelled for Matt and luckily he was home to help me make it up the stairs to the bed to rest. I again had to go in for fluids since I'm so dehydrated. It's just one of the side effects. It's been so hard to eat and drink. Today, Tues. I feel pretty weak, but I feel like I'm stronger than yesterday! Hey, one day at a time!! I'm not looking forward to the day when I have surgery! I've been kind of anxious about all that. It's hard to imagine that "my girls"will be coming off! I have my next round of Chemo on the 28th of Jan. and then they will re-evaluate for what's next. My sweet granddaughter Blakely and her Mom and Dad have been in Calif. for a Lobster Fest. I sure wish I could have gone. It would have been nice to go to sunny Calif. I missed them and talking to Blakely. She is talking where I can understand her now a little better on the phone. I'm having withdrawls from seeing them. So ok guys come and see your Mom and Grandma! Family is so very important at this time of trials. I appreciate them very much and their prayers. Especially when the little children say their prayers everyday and ask to bless Aunt Karla it's the sweetest thing! I've been feeling kind of blue lately but I guess that's to be expected also. I'm trying to pull my apron strings up and not feel sorry for myself. Somehow that just doesn't help matters. But when the sun shines and warms the heart it feels better. Each day is a gift for sure! There's always another day to come or a brighter moment in our life. God Bless us All, Karla

3 comments:

Norma said...

Isn't there some saying about the calm after the storm? I can't think of it, but that's what I'm sending your way....

Elder Jared Buhler said...

We are planning on coming up in a couple of weeks. Jared has a gymnastics meet on the 7th of February, a Saturday. He also has one on the 31st of January....so one of those days, we should be there. You are in our constant prayers.

Hugs. Kim

Jana said...

We love you Karla! You are right, it is sweet to hear the little ones pray with such faith. We hope all goes well for your evaluation!