Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Chemo this morning!

I'm not looking forward to this next round of Chemo. I go in today at 9:00am. They are very good there at the Oncology office. It's so nice and close just right in a building by Davis Hospital. You go into the building on the East side before the hospital. It's the one that's Wasach Physical therapy place. There's a pharmacy there and Optomotry also. It's right next door to the Optomotry office. So if anyone wants to send over a Marie Calendar Raspberry Pie with vanilla ice cream...Yumm!!! I should be there about 2-4 hours. Ha Ha, wishful thinking...Most of you won't even get this message in time I'm sure. I was able to get all my Christmas decoration taken down with a little help from Matt. I organized them to take back down to the basement and basically just put them in the room. Now, I just need to put them in the corner instead of just piled in the room. Shannon Hossfield offered to help. What a sweetheart. I still have till next year so there's no rush. When the weather is warmer! That would be better. Our basement is very cold. Someday, we will need to get it restored so that we can stay warmer upstairs!!! It would make a big difference I know!! I like to keep the temp. upstairs at least at 72 for now since I've been sick and struggling with slight fevers and Matt likes it at 68. I just freeze!! I've explained this winter is going to be different for us!!! I'm still working on getting that across to him! Old habits die hard!!!
I've been so sick this past three weeks and haven't really recuperated fully since my last Chemo. I was put on more antibiotic yesterday for sinus and watery eyes. I've been on about 7 different antibiotics over the past 5 months. Mostly before I knew I had Breast Cancer. I just finished Leviguin which is a very strong antibiotic for this past respiratory,sinus problems also. Having the zero white blood count just didn't help with it all. I guess every one's got something these days. It does scare me to go to church for fear of catching something. I'm becoming germ phobic....I wash my hands allot. I hadn't been to church in a month so I really wanted to go since I was feeling a little better. Well, I again appreciate so much that everyone is doing for us. Diane Stockton and her boyfriend shovel our sidewalks last week.. that was so sweet of them. Mike Schmucker shovel our driveway and steps. Cory Anderson was over doing the same thing with all this snow that's been blanketing. Also Bill Winn shovelled and layed salt down. Also all the meals that have been brought in have been wonderful!!! You may not believe it, but many of your kind gestures, meals and Laura Smith getting my medicine,sewing a blanket that for cancer patients, Joyce Winn going to the store and buy extra groceries and the best dinner ever. Taco's from Garcia's. It was so good! Shannon Hossfield shampooing our carpet, making chicken and rice that I gobbled down even when my appetite wasn't at it's best, somehow she made it just fabulous!! Heleena helping wrap presents, and bringing in homemade Clam Chowder, and for those of you that I have forgotten about I'm so sorry. There were so many wonderful meals...~all the family and friends prayers.....have saved my life!!!! I appreciate it more than you'll know. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! And if the good Lord wants me here on this earth for several more years, I'll take it. He is ultimately in charge for sure!!!
I love you all, God Bless you as well in all your struggles and endeavors. We all have our different challenges we face but he loves us and wants us to come back home to him when he is ready for us. Until then, which we never know when, may we continue to improve our hearts,minds and as for forgiveness when we are not ready to go back to our Savior. I have a ways to go! Love, Karla

1 comment:

Norma said...

I read this in time to bring you a pie in California....does that count?? Oh well, know I was thinking of you. I will have updates on our blog soon, but have been busy and sick. I hope this chemo round goes better for you...you are in our prayers. {{hug}}