Saturday, April 25, 2009

It's been about nine days since the Mastectomy. I have a huge incision from the center of the breast bone onto the other end under my arm. I will be getting the stiches out this next Tues. I'm on Percocet 7.5 x2 every 4 hours. It's hard to move my arm or body for that matter. Getting up or getting down is difficult. I should be healing in the next few weeks and then I will have Radiation for 6 weeks everyday. Then onto more surgery. Just alot to do yet. But no more Chemo says my Oncologist. Thanks for all of your encouragement!! I love you all. This all still seems like it's a big dream and that it's not really happening to me....but it is.
Carolyn, my cousin from San Diego is here and helping me alot with meals,dressing me,cleaning and what ever I need it's so great to have her!
Love,Karla

2 comments:

Elder Jared Buhler said...

Karla I love you. You are an amazing example to all of us. love ya, Kim and family

Debbie Sutherland said...

Karla,

Just keep thinking about a week in Hawaii when this is all over! I know it is so hard to go through. Wish I could make it all go away for you. But wow what a rock you are! What an example to all of us who love you!!
much love
Deb